Located in Juniata, Nebraska, Weeks Family Farms operates a large fifth generation farming operation, growing non-GMO and organic corn and soybeans, milo, peas, wheat, barley, alfalfa, and prairie hay. Our team is growing and looking for a motivated and experienced team member to fulfill the role as full-time Field Operations Supervisor to join our progressive operation.
Weeks Family Farms has a strong focus on family, and highly value their employees and their lives outside of the farm. Work culture is a top priority at Weeks Family Farms, and it is important that the right candidate fits our evolving operation.
Hours: Successful candidate must have extended availability during peak seasons. Peak Seasons require work 6 days per week (alternating Saturdays). Non- Peak season is a 5-day workweek.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining and planning field operations and crop production tasks and standards in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Planning and coordinating crop variety and selection with Operations Manager and Owner.
- Plan, Coordinate and schedule workers to assist with facilities maintenance.
- Take the lead with Operations Manager and field workers during planting, tillage, spraying, haying and harvesting.
- Coordinate, plan, communicate and problem solve with Grain Storage, Facilities and Equipment, Transportation, Input Purchasing, Production Technology and Inventories.
- Create, write, update, implement and train employees in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) along with Operations Manager.
- Train employees in the use of GPS equipment and other data collection device in the field.
Education and Experience:
- Strong background in agricultural operations is required.
- Leadership or supervision experience is desired.
- Field Equipment usage and production technology experience is required. Proficient in the use of GreenStar, FieldWise, Trello and Phytech is a plus!
- Must provide proof of valid drivers license and personal vehicle insurance coverage.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Class A CDL (hazmat not required).
We offer excellent pay, health insurance, retirement program, paid time off and paid holidays
At Weeks Family Farms, you get more than just a job, but a family and team dedicated to helping you achieve your career goals!
To apply please send your Resume’ to [email protected]